Saturday, January 23, 2010

Supplies: As in Where the FUCK Are They??

The wait for basic supplies seems endless you know. By the time they get there we will have lost so many lives due to the incompetent coordination.

Do not believe that there is some threat by the Haitians to riot – or any other excuse. The delay is due to the utter absence of clear, defined leadership.

Many groups have slowed down influx because new arrivals cannot be accommodated, and because of their needs for housing, security, etc.

We have four huge warehouses with 24 hour security available. Or the UN could provide security. The UN base here is just enormous. But then again, I’m just a nurse. Nobody asked for my two cents and when I offer suggestions I realize they don’t really want them.

There are no supplies to count on now. I guess this is a little like how the Haitians have felt for decades. I understand the long term issues but there are going to be so many fucking unnecessary deaths in the meantime.

Kasra Mofarah, Director of Operations for Bambou Generation, the French relief team informs me that for every $15,000 of supplies that are distributed, the US Army spends $30,000 distributing them.

Everyone is talking about the water trucks here. Two companies, Frechelocal and Mag are SELLING the water.